Five Things I’ve Learned About Prayer
“And the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven.
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.”James 5:15-16 ESV
God is stirring His sons and daughters to be people of prayer. He is reminding us that our strength does not come from our own “might and power,” but only comes by the Spirit of God.
Five things I’ve learned about prayer:
- Hours of worry will not accomplish what one moment of prayer can do.
- I pray most effectively when I pray out loud.
- “On the go” prayers are terrific; but “get alone and pray for a while” prayers are also essential.
- It’s not selfish to pray for your own needs.
- Prayer releases God’s will in my life.
Father- revive my prayer life and that of Your church. Beckon us into the throne room of grace, that we may find grace and mercy to help in time of need. Thank you for the gift of prayer! Amen.