Delivered from Distress!
Then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. (Psalm 107:6 ESV)
In repeating this exact statement four times within this one Psalm, it is clear that the Holy Spirit (who inspired all Scripture) intended this statement to be the cornerstone of Psalm 107.
In fact, in order to begin to understand the power of that Scripture in your own life, perhaps you should go back and read it out loud at least four times.
My immediate response is: “Thank You, Lord! You heard my cry and have delivered me from my distress! I trust in You!”
As I looked at this passage more closely I noticed that, following each of these occurrences, a specific testimony is given as to how God delivered His people.
1. He led them by a straight way till they reached a city to dwell in. (Psalm 107:7 ESV)
2. He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and burst their bonds apart. (Psalm 107:14 ESV)
3. He sent out his word and healed them, and delivered them from their destruction. (Psalm 107:20 ESV)
4. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. (Psalm 107:29 ESV)
You know what that tells me?
1. If you are lost and wandering…
2. If you are bound and in darkness…
3. If you are broken and destroyed…
4. If you are tempest-tossed by life’s storms…
God can and will deliver you.
Cry out to The Lord in your times of trouble! He is a Mighty Deliverer!! And He has come to save you!
Today we cry out to you from the midst of our trouble. Deliver us by Your strong hand!
In Jesus’ name, amen!